Call for Nominations - 2021-2022 for the HIMSS National Capital Area Board
We are pleased to announce this call for nominations for the 2021-2022 HIMSS National Capital Area (HIMSS-NCA) Board.
HIMSS-NCA Board membership provides you with an extraordinary opportunity to serve your professional community. It gives you the opportunity to engage with the government officials from the Military Health System, Department of Veterans Affairs, and the Department of Health & Human Services who inform, make, and enforce policy nationally. It provides you the ability to support hospitals, managed care organizations, integrated delivery systems, non-profit healthcare organizations, and providers.
The following 2021-2022 Chapter Board positions are open for nominations:
• Programs Chair
• Sponsorship Chair
• Advocacy Chair
• Membership & Volunteer Chair
• Outreach and Coordination Chair
• Communications Chair
• Mentorship/Scholarship Chair
*The President cannot be nominated. The 2020-2021 President-Elect becomes 2021-2022 President.
Positions description are located at: http://nca.himsschapter.org/officer-descriptions
Eligibility for participation on the Chapter Board includes:
• Status as a dues paying member of HIMSS National
• Registered and active member of the NCA Chapter for at least one year. Attended Chapter functions and participated in committee support.
• Not currently serving on the HIMSS National Board
Recommendations for success:
• 5 years of managerial experience working in a collaborative environment
• General subject matter expertise focused on health care, technology and systems
• Ability to work with and understand federal and state government health care systems
• Ability to commit at least 8-10 hours a month to HIMSS related activities, including Board related in-person and Board meetings
• Nominations due – April 9, 2021 (by 5:00 PM close of business)
• Voting Opens – May 3, 2021 (12:00 PM EDT)
• Voting Closes – May 7, 2021 (5:00 PM EDT)
• Election Results Announced - May 19, 2021 (5:00 PM EDT)
Terms of Office:
The tenure of elected Officers shall commence July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022, each taking a one-year term .
If interested in nominating a colleague or self-nomination for one of the positions, please complete the online application form (below) by April 9, 2021.
Thank you for your participation in this important process!