DEADLINE: Nominations for the 2017-2018 HIMSS National Capital Area Board
We are pleased to announce the call for nominations for the 2017-2018 HIMSS National Capital Area Board.
Being a member of the HIMSS-NCA Board is an extraordinary opportunity to serve the HIMSS community and also to engage hospitals, managed care organizations, integrated delivery systems, non-profit healthcare organizations, as well as government agencies such as the Military Health System, Department of Veterans Affairs, and the Department of Health & Human Services.
The following 2017-2018 Chapter Board positions are open for nominations:
- President-Elect/Vice President (2-year term)
- Programs Chair
- Sponsorship Chair
- Advocacy & Community Chair
- Membership and Outreach Chair
- Health Information Exchange (HIE) Liason
*The President cannot be nominated. The 2016-2017 Vice President will become President in 2017-2018.
Click Here for position descriptions.
Eligibility for participation on the Chapter Board includes:
- Status as a dues paying member of HIMSS National
- Registered and active member of the NCA Chapter for at least one year, attended Chapter functions, and participated in committee support
- Not currently serving on the HIMSS National Board
- Nominations due – April 19, 2017
- Voting Opens - April 25, 2017 (12:00 PM EST)
- Voting Closes - May 11, 2017 (5:00 PM EST)
- Election Results Announced - May 18, 2017 at our monthly meeting
Term of Office
The tenure of elected Officers shall commence July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018. All positions, with the exception of the Vice President/President-Elect, will be one-year terms. The Vice President/President-Elect position is a two-year term, the second year culminating in the position as President of the HIMSS NCA Chapter.
If interested in nominating a colleague or self-nomination for one of the positions, please forward the name of the person you are nominating, contact information, bio, campaign message, and the desired Chapter Board position to Laura Bennett at email@example.com by April 19, 2017.
Thank you for your participation in this important process!