Event Location Map
Defining a Cyber Moonshot for the Health Industry
Key Bridge Marriott
1401 Lee Highway
Arlington, Virginia 22209
Complimentary registration for Government
Early Bird Pricing Ends December 29, 2017
Member - $55
Non-Member - $65
General Pricing Ends January 5, 2018
Member - $60
Non-Member - $70
Member - $75
Non-Member - $85
We are on journey to Cyber Resilience – a path that requires concerted leadership, a focused call to action and sustained investment. This discussion is intended to advance a meaningful dialogue about how Health organizations can integrate the recommendations of the Health Care Industry Cybersecurity Task Force into their long term strategy to achieve cyber resilience through a call for a Cyber Moonshot that advances policies and technology to secure our health industry landscape in the next five years.
Topics include the top six imperatives from the task force report to congress:
- What do we need from political leadership in order to achieve a Cyber Moonshot?
- What technology will get us a step-change improvement in cybersecurity, particularly given the growth of IOT? (Examples: Cloud Migration/What about AI/Machine learning? Quantum computing?)
- What can we do to get the public to demand this and engage?
- How do we define and streamline leadership, governance, and expectations for health care industry cybersecurity?
- How do we increase the security and resilience of medical devices and health IT?
- How do we develop the health care workforce capacity necessary to prioritize and ensure cybersecurity awareness and technical capabilities?
- How do we increase health care industry readiness through improved cybersecurity awareness and education?
- How do we identify mechanisms to protect R&D efforts and intellectual property from attacks or exposure?
- How do we improve information sharing of industry threats, risks, and mitigations?
- Christopher Wlaschin, Executive Director, Information Security and Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) - U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) (Confirmed)
- Emery Csulak, PMP, CISSP, Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)/Senior Official for Privacy, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) (Confirmed)
- Laura Laybourn, Senior Advisor, Office of Cyber and Infrastructure Analysis, National Protection and Programs Directorate, U.S. Department of Homeland Security (PROPOSED)
- Defense Health Agency (PROPOSED)
Gus Hunt, Cyber Practice Lead for Accenture Federal, former CTO of the CIA