Event Location Map
Finding the Human in Health and IT
Key Bridge Marriott
1401 Lee Highway
Arlington, Virginia 22209
Complimentary registration for Government and Students (with a valid student ID)
Early Bird Pricing Ends May 4, 2018
Member - $55
Non-Member - $65
General Pricing Ends May 11, 2018
Member - $60
Non-Member - $70
Member - $75
Non-Member - $85
No membership is required to attend our events but is encouraged. Click here for additional information on how to become a HIMSS NCA chapter member.
The May program is a change of pace from many programs that the HIMSS NCA Chapter has offered. (Please note that we will start the networking session at 5 PM and end at 8:30 PM to accommodate this new format). In this month’s program we focus the conversation on the use of technology in patient-centric care, evaluated from the perspectives of patients and providers as well as national-level initiatives and programs. This expanded perspective on health information technology (HIT) will look at improving the patient experience through interoperability, increased care coordination, quality of care, and more. Join the HIMSS NCA chapter for a heartfelt discussion on how patients, providers, and allies find a space between Health and IT. Hear about the human element of illness, with our speakers sharing their lived experiences with health IT and how it has impacted their healthcare delivery and patient experience. We will also explore the importance of IT and health analytics in current research and future improvements of patient care and diagnosis and treatment. Finally, we will examine how best to keep the humanistic side alive as we move from diagnosis to treatment with a focus on HIT.
This month’s audience will derive value from speakers and their insights, including:
- Ann Kenny and her experiences with HIT as both provider and patient.
- Mariann Yeager and her contributions to improving HIT with data access, interoperability, and more.
- Marc Wine co-developer of “Blue Button” and empowering and engaging patients in HIT.
- Jacob Aaronson and his experience as a provider utilizing HIT.
- Shahid Shah discussing UX and human-centered design to improve the patient experience.
- Wyatt Smith and his experience as a patient.
- Ann Kenny, MPH, BSN, RN, Patient, HIMSS NCA Board Member/Past President and Vice President, Telligen (CONFIRMED)
- Mariann Yeager, CEO, The Sequoia Project (CONFIRMED)
- Marc Wine, Advisor and Consultant (CONFIRMED)
- Jacob Aaronson, DO, MS, COL, MC, USA, Defense Health Agency (DHA), Office of the Chief Health Informatics Officer, (OCHIO) (CONFIRMED)
- Shahid Shah, Co-Founder and Chairman, Citus Health (CONFIRMED)
- Dr. Wyatt Smith, CEO, ABLEVETS LLC (CONFIRMED)
- Michael Feeser, Incoming HIMSS NCA President